Monday, August 29, 2011

Once again...

...life has got in the way of posting on my blog. I have good intentions, but it just hasn't happened lately. I have been posting on the Simple Aussie Girls site, make sure you check out the latest challenge, its a good one!

Anyway, thought I'd stop by and show you what I have been up to. It is Jacob & Ella's 9th birthday in a couple of weeks, so of course we are in party planning mode. We've gone for a combined party this year (we haven't done combined for a few years now) just at a park. As I was a little worried about how I'd keep track of 25 kids, we came up with theme's for each of them. Ella has gone with an aqua theme as its her favourite colour. So all her friends are to wear aqua. Jacob has gone with a footy theme so all his friends are to wear a footy or soccer jersey.

Ella's invitations were obviously done in Aqua seen as that was the theme! With Ella's help we decided to use the new Stampin' Up! bunting stamp set and matching punch. I have been dying to use these and am loving bunting at the moment, so I was very happy that Ella loved it to. I'm really happy with how the invitations came together. They are very simple, but cute!


Jacob's invitations weren't quite so easy to come up with. Stamping on a 9 year old boys inviation is apparently not very cool! So we took a different tact and went with the footy theme. I pulled a picture of the Sharks footy mascot from the internet and made up the invitation in the Sharks colours!


Jacob was very happy with the finished product. I couldn't help myself and added a brad to finish it off!

So I'm busy with party plans and also organising our school fete that is on in a few weeks. So lots happening around here!

As I mentioned, the SAG challenge at the moment is to do a layout that includes a news or current event item. This really made me step outside what I would normally do, but I loved the story behind the layout I came up with. The layout is basic as I did it in a bit of a hurry, but for me, its all about the story! So head over to Simple Aussie Girls and check it out.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I'll be back soon. Don't forget the new Stampin' Up! catalogue starts on 1st September. You'll be able to check it out through the links on my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment