Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Card Swap

In the world of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators we have an online meeting place...we can chat, get advice and check out the wonderful gallery of cards, scrapbook layouts and other creations. We can also participate in swaps. This is where there is a group of demonstrators (in the one I was in there were 12 of us) and we each make 12 cards in the same design. These cards all get sent to the person who is coordinating the swap. She then sends us back 12 different cards - one from each demonstrator. I have just participated in my first one and it was really exciting to get a bundle of cards in the mail. It is really helpful to see different styles and techniques as well as colours and stamp sets that I don't own.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of the cards here with you. One demonstrator in particular, Marion, was very kind and sent me a bundle of different cards as it was my first swap.

The first cards are from a very talented lady - Marion Benfield. She doesn't have a blog so I can't link you to it, but her cards are really wonderful.

I love this butterfly card...very simple yet elegant. I will definitely be giving this one a go!


This card uses the "Pun Fun" stamp set and has distressed edges around the white cardstock.  Marion has roller stamped the white taffeta ribbon in the same colour as the background cardstock - I was amazed at how well stamping on ribbon could work!

This is one of my favourites...again from Marion. I have been contemplating purchasing the "Lots of Bots" stamp set from the current mini catalogue and after seeing this card I have ordered it! This card looks so much better in real life - the photo doesn't do it justice! It is so simple yet so effective - great for boys cards. This is actually an easel card and are quite simple to make. I will have to post some info on making these soon.


Again from Marion, This is Crayon Resist technique and I will be learning more about this soon. This is done on SU Glossy White paper and uses the "Scribble This" stamp set.


This last one from Marion uses the "Echoes of Kindness" Stamp set and she has used a great technique  with the ribbon to give it a different type of look. She has also used Watercolour paper for the stamped image and coloured it with inks and water. Again a great look.

This cute card is from Alissa Ross, another talented Demonstrater. The stamps used are "Short & Sweet", "Cute & Curly" and the "So Swirly" Jumbo Wheel for the background. I'm not usually a yellow person, but I really like this card.

Well thats enough to look at for now. I will post some more cards in the next few days.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment