Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JAI 27 Sketch Challenge

I am back after a fabulous weekend of scrapbooking. I will post later with some scrapbook pages to show you. However, I have found a great challenge website Just Add Ink where they give you a sketch each week and you create a card or scrapbook layout based on the sketch. I will be participating in these whenever I can as I had a lot of fun with it. This site is run by Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, but you are not requried to use SU Product...although of course I will be!

Anyway, here is my card for the JAI 27 challenge.

Here is the sketch:



And here is my version:


I have used an older Designer Series Patterened paper for this one and the beautiful Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon with the cute little button. I've used Kraft and Confetti White Cardstock.

Like I said, I had fun doing this, so why not give it a go.

Will be back later with some layouts.

Have a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Emma, this is absolutely gorgeous!I really love the use of the half circles within the square!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Emma, gorgeous colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is really pretty!! I love that ribbon with the button detail and those fun circles (if that's what you still call them when they're in half!)
    Awesome card!!
    Smiles SHarnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how clever are YOU??!! This is gorgeous, Emma. LOVE those colours with the Confetti White cardstock, and your interpretation of the sketch is fantastic. Your blog header is adorable too, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Emma! Love your C&S interp of the sketch - so lovely. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emma! I love the circles in the squares! And Confetti White and Kraft look awesome together!

    ReplyDelete