Friday, May 20, 2011

Covention Part 1

As promised, I am going to share some convention highlights with you. Today is a few photos.

The convention was held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. I stayed at the Crown Plaza which was only a 5 minute walk from the Convention Centre (it was also not far from all the shops!). This is a photo of the Convention Centre taken from my hotel room (its the lower building in the centre of photo).


It was a great venue! The main stage was where we had all the main sessions. The stage setup blew me away. It was all so professional and inspiring.


As you can see there were giant wooden stamps and a giant tag...I loved it and was a little in awe of it all!

I also loved that they filmed everything so you could see things up close on the big screen (obviously vital for the stamping demos).


One of the many highlights for me was thtat I got to meet and chat with Shelli who is the founder of Stampin' Up! She is one amazing woman. She is a very genuine, caring, delightful, and not to mention talented, woman. I was completely inspired by her and honoured to have my photo taken with her.


The Convention experience was amazing. The entire Stampin' Up! staff were lovely and very welcoming. All the other demonstrators were so friendly and when any of them realised that I was on my own, they took me under their wing! I made some new friends and hope to catch up with them again at future Stampin' Up! Events.

I loved getting all the sneak peaks of the new catalogue (released in September). I'd love to share them with you, but I am sworn to secrecy! So you will have to wait. But I can tell you that I'm sure you will be as "wowed" as I was at the fabulous new products on their way! The make and takes were awesome, but again I can't show these to you as they use some new products. I will share them when I can.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 days in Melbourne (3 days of Convention). I spent time shopping and discovering Melbourne and more shopping! It was nice to do something for "me" and have time to myself.

Next year's Convention is in Canberra and I wouldn't miss it, I really did have a wonderful time.

Tomorrow I will take some photos of my purchases from Momento Mall as well as all the wonderful swaps I received.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment